A tribute to my brother…he would have turned 48 today.
- I remember the time we learned our cat bore kittens in the neighbor’s boat. We looked at each and smiled. Kittens?!
- I remember the time we slept in a treehouse Grandpa built for us, probably not safe. Can’t believe we stayed all night!
- I remember the time we built our first pinball machine using rubber bands and blocks. Can we please have Atomic Arcade? we begged our parents.
- I remember the time we performed on drum kits in my first grade classroom, Mrs. McVey my teacher. All that practice paid off!
- I remember the time we snuck out of Grammy’s back door late at night to prowl through her small, eastern Oregon neighborhood. You got scared and you cried, sorry.
- I remember the time you performed in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. You were great!
- I remember the night we played the church dance, you on drums, me on keys. Not enough rehearsal, we both agreed.
- I remember you picked up the bass, the instrument that became your life.
- I remember we drove you to Arizona, dropped you off at college.
- I remember you visited my classroom. You asked me, “Wow, this is all yours?”
- I remember we spoke on the phone. “I’ll come see you this summer in Tucson,” I said.
- I remember I told you I loved you, brother.
- I remember the phone call. You were gone, a car crash on Route 10.
- I remember you, my brother.
Happy Birthday, Seanie.